In time, I found myself more and more interested in how to best support students "falling between the cracks." This led me to earn my master's in mild-moderate special education and teaching credential at California State University, Los Angeles.
Hello. This is my story.
My goal as a tutor is to leverage my creativity and training to provide targeted support in foundational reading and math.
After receiving my bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern California, I taught for many years as a substitute teacher. In time, I found myself more and more interested in how to best support students “falling between the cracks.” This led me to earn my master’s in mild-moderate special education and teaching credential at California State University, Los Angeles. Since then, I have worked as a resource specialist (K-6th) and reading interventionist (2nd-5th). An Orton-Gillingham classroom educator, I have led structured literacy intervention programs and have witnessed students far below grade-level expectations make meaningful gains. It is a joy to see kids get excited and feel empowered when they build on their reading/math fluency.
After a LONG hiatus in California, I am back in the Sunshine State (I was raised in Miami). When not teaching, I spend time with family and friends, write picture book manuscripts, and stay up too late watching Dodger games.
- M.A. Mild/Moderate Special Education
- Clear Teaching Credential (California); Eligible in Florida
- Orton-Gillingham (OG) Classroom Educator Certification
- 10+ years teaching experience in K-5
- Participated in trainings with experts in phonemic awareness and phonics instruction
- Bilingual (Spanish speaker)
- OG lessons available for virtual instruction
- Availability: Monday-Thursday afternoons (2:30-6:30pm)
- Areas: Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Tequesta