I am a Civics, World History and Art teacher currently teaching middle school in Boca Raton. Having been in the military and witness to many major events of the 21st century, I am able bring a unique perspective to the Social Studies subject area.
Hello. This is my story.
I am a Civics, World History and Art teacher currently teaching middle school in Boca Raton. Having been in the military and witness to many major events of the 21st century, I am able bring a unique perspective to the Social Studies subject area. I teach in terms of narrative, engaging the student in the “saga” of the world, to better relate how history has made all of us who we are. For me, teaching is a dialogue, never a monologue. If my learners can engage in a spirited and intellectual discussion during the lessons, they not only retain more knowledge but can think abstractly because they understand the subject in all of its nuances, not just some facts to memorize.
Besides the military and teaching experiences, I am a successful artist and illustrator who is fortunate enough to teach others how to be creative and expressive in a variety of mediums. Through art, I have been able to bring fictional and factual history concepts to life, adding yet another perspective on the comprehension of the Social Studies disciplines. When the students gain insight into the story of our civilization and are eager to learn much more, I know I have done a good job…so far, so good!
- BFA New York Institute of Technology
- MS Intelligence Studies American Public University
- Published author, two articles written for the ABC-Clio encyclopedia “A History of the German Army at War”
- Middle School Civics, World History and Art teacher
- Freelance Professional designer and illustrator
- Available Monday and Wednesday
- Evenings, between 6 and 9 pm, Boynton Beach & Delray Beach
- Available to tutor: World History, Civics, European History, American History, Military History, as well as both Fine and Digital Art