It is my job as a tutor to engage a student, challenge them, and help them come to conclusions independently.
Hello. This is my story.
I am a senior Doctor of Medicine (MD) student at Florida Atlantic University with anticipated graduation in April 2022 with honors commendation. I received my BS degree in Biomedical Sciences from the University of North Florida with summa cum laude honors. As a tutor, I specialize in teaching all high school biology, chemistry, and math related courses as well as undergraduate courses in general and organic chemistry, upper-level biology, physiology, and anatomy. Through my many years of schooling I have found that the most optimal learning is done actively. It is my job as a tutor to engage a student, challenge them, and help them come to conclusions independently. Lecture is the place to passively learn; however, in our tutoring sessions we will reinforce, practice, and incorporate what we have learned. I hope to not just teach the what but also the how and why. By understanding all aspects of a subject, I hope to foster an environment where rote memorization is not necessary and where my students have a skill set that they may carry well into their education and career.
I am a Florida native and will be splitting time between South Florida and Jacksonville. My hours for virtual sessions are flexible. I look forward to working with you.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D): Anticipated graduation April 2022
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences with a minor in Psychology
- Tutors all biology, chemistry, and math-related high school courses including AP Courses
- Tutors undergraduate level courses including general chemistry, biology, and biochemistry
- Tutors upper-level courses including physiology, pathology, pharmacology, and anatomy