My philosophy of teaching has always been to develop a student so that he or she will become a productive citizen in society.
Hello. This is my story.
From a very young age, I always wanted to be a teacher. I loved being around children and teaching them new things. Many of my jobs centered around children, whether it was a summer job at a camp, coaching sports, or being a teacher. I am originally from Buffalo, NY where I graduated from SUNY Fredonia with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and a Master of Science in Literacy and Special Education. I taught in New York for three years before moving to Florida. I have almost two decades worth of teaching experience in upper elementary and middle school, as well as years of experience with tutoring. I have taught all subjects (reading, wiring, math, science, and social studies). I am currently a middle school Math teacher in Palm Beach County. I have a love for mathematics and feel that I can make math relatable and understandable to children…even those who dislike it. This past year, one of my students said that I was a “great math explainer”. This phrase has stuck with me and I strive to continue to explain math in simple and logical ways.
My philosophy of teaching has always been to develop a student so that he or she will become a productive citizen in society. I aspire to help children learn in a way that suits his or her unique needs. I want children to find success in challenges, become critical thinkers, and master skills that once were difficult, with confidence. I am passionate about holding students to high standards and providing them with the scaffolds necessary to accomplish those goals. Building personal relationships with children has always been at the forefront of what I do. I am interested in learning about my students on both a personal and academic level. I love teaching and cannot imagine myself as anything other than a teacher.
- Professionally Certified Educator in Elementary Education Pre-K-6th Grade, Exceptional Student Education K-12th Grade, Reading K-12th Grade, Middle Grades Mathematics 5th Grade-9th Grade, ESOL and Reading Endorsed.
- Master of Science in Literacy and Special Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education
- Over 18 years of experience teaching all subjects to upper elementary and middle school students of varying abilities
- Tutoring for ELA and Math grades Pre-K-8
- Available weekdays after 4pm and flexible on the weekends, with open availability during the summer
- Willing to travel anywhere in Palm Beach County, from Boca Raton to Boynton Beach
- Online tutoring is also available