I was born and grew up in Shanghai, China, where I received my Bachelor’s degree. I earned my Master’s degree in English Literature in USA.
Hello. This is my story.
I was born and grew up in Shanghai, China, where I received my Bachelor’s degree. I earned my Master’s degree in English Literature in USA. I have been teaching at Palm Beach School District for more than 17 years. I am a very dedicated teacher—caring, patient, dynamic, and experienced. I understand every student has different learning styles and learns at different pace. I believe they all have their potentials and talent that need to be activated and challenged properly.
Whether in classroom teaching or working with an individual student, I use a variety of different strategies to enable students to internalize, not rote memorize, nuances of the Chinese language. I often create different real-life scenarios for them to practice and to reinforce their mastery. To sum up, sitting in my classroom or working one-on-one with me is always FUN and your child will be able to make tremendous progress in mastering the Chinese language and culture. I look forward to working with your child.
- Bachelor’s degree in English
- Master’s degree in English Literature
- Completion of professional courses in Chinese teaching
- Florida State Certification in Chinese K-12; Language Arts 6-12; ESOL K-12
- Over 20 years of teaching experience (5 years in China—college level; 17 years in Palm Beach School District, high school level)
- Awarded Highly Effective Teacher by Board of Education of the State of Florida
- Awarded Florida Teacher of the Year by Florida Foreign Languages Association
- I teach AP Chinese with highly successful passing rate.
- I also work for College Board to grade AP Chinese Exam every year.
- I am available to tutor Mandarin Chinese in Boca Raton, Delray, Boynton Beach, and Parkland.